sca training videos
The following videos are offered on the SCA DVD:
- Shipyard Safety Orientation: Through the Department of Labor's $38,000 Susan Harwood Training Grant Program, SCA was able to produce a 38 minute introductory safety training video and workbook which gives a basic introduction to many safety issues within a shipyard. Both the video and workbook are also available in Spanish
- Shipyard Ergonomics: Through the Department of Labor's $95,750 Susan Harwood Training Grant Program, SCA was able to produce a shipyard ergonomics video and workbook CD designed to instruct shipyard employees, supervisors and trainers in identifying ergonomic risks and providing tools to allow the development of creative solutions to reduce hazards. John Henshaw, Former Assistant Secretary of Labor at OSHA remarked, "SCA has produced a training videotape that will guide employers, managers and workers in the successful implementation of viable ergonomics solutions."
- Crane Safety: Through the Department of Labor's $28,000 Susan Harwood Training Grant Program, SCA was able to produce a 38 minute introductory crane safety training video and workbook designed to educate supervisors and trainers on how to identify and correct crane safety-training deficiences and provides instruction on effective monitoring of day-to-day operations.
- Confined Space Entry: Confined space entry has always been a primary concern for both employers and employees in the shipyard industry. This manual, in combination with the video program, covers some of the more common hazards associated with confined space entry. It also provides you with the information you will need to prevent accidents and injuries.
Each DVD is accompanied by its corresponding workbook. DVDs are FREE to SCA Members and are $100 for non-members. We do accept credit cards and checks for non-members.
To place an order, please email Paula.Reever@arlaw.com with the following information:
- Order Quantity
- Name and Company
- USPS Shipping Address
- Phone Number
Additional Training Guides
- Recommended Practices for Compliance with Environmental Regulations in the Tank Barge Stripping and Cleaning Process Manual: This guide makes recommendations for compliance with federal regulations regarding tank barge stripping and cleaning processes.
FREE to SCA Members. $15.00 to Non-Members
- Safety Guidelines for Tank Vessel Cleaning Facilities Manual: This guide makes recommendations for tank vessel personnel on the safe cleaning of tank vessels at shore based cleaning facilities of crude oil, petroleum products and chemicals.
FREE to SCA Members, $15.00 to Non-Members.